How to check EPF Claim status with or without UAN number, Where we know if it is accepted by field office, When it is accepted by employer and rejected by EPFO, What are the additional actions to be taken if the claim status of EPF shows under process for many days, Is Umang App and UAN portal displays the status correctly?
EPF is a wonderful scheme for the salaried employees to save a corpus fund for their retirement, As we all know, both the employees and the employer make a certain contribution for the retirement of the employee, EPF members also get certain privileges with respect to their PF amount, and the members can transfer or withdraw their Provident Fund amount fulfilling certain conditions, where the EPF members also get the facility to check the status of the claim or withdrawal submitted by them through both online and offline mode.
Check EPF Claim Status using UAN Portal, Umang App & Other
Let us look at the various ways by which the user can check the status of their EPF claim online / offline
- Through login to UAN online portal.
- By accessing the EPF website on the portal by entering the PF account number, in case the user doesn’t have the UAN number.
- One can also use check the status of the claim by using the toll free number of the PF portal
- Through UMANG App
Let us look at the procedure of checking the PF account by using each of these different modes
UAN Portal Login to Check EPF Claim Status
EPF members can check the status of their claim by logging to the website by providing the UAN number and the password associated with it.
- Login to UAN portal home page
- Click on the online services
- present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Track claim status
- Once the user clicks on this, drop down will open which will have the third option present on the list.
- Choose Claim Status Page
- After selecting Track claim status, the user redirected to the claim status page which will provide the status settlement status, amount of claim settlement and the date of claim settlement.
Check EPF Claim status for Offline mode application
For EPF member who has submitted the PF claim application through the offline mode, the EPF claim status can be checked by two ways with or without the UAN number
Claim status of EPFO process for a person, who remembers his UAN number
- Go to https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/
- Click on “Know Your Claim Status’ (On this page, the user needs to provide his UAN number and captcha)
- Click on ‘Search’ button (This will open all the associated PF numbers linked with the UAN number).
- Select the PF number
- Click on ‘View Claim Status’ to check the status (The latest available status will appear on the screen)
Process for checking EPF status without having the UAN number
- visit the website http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- Click on “Know Your Claim Status” (This will open another page where the user needs to select the related EPF account and the balance and can see the claim status for the same).
Through Customer Care Number
The user can also check the EPF claim status by calling the customer care number at 1800 118 005, where the said facility is available 24×7 for the members of EPFO, the user while calling need to keep their PF number and UAN number ready for use.
EPF Claim Status with UMANG App
The application UMANG App is the one stop solution launched by the Government of India, to check the claim status (withdrawal/transfer) for member provident fund, here is the detailed procedure for a user to check the EPF claim status.
- Open UMANG app
Install the UMANG application from Google Play Store or iStore and open the App
- Click on the EPFO option
Select EPFO to view the status
- Select Employee Centric Services
Once the user clicks on ‘EPFO’ another page will open where the user needs to select “employee centric services”
- Click Track your claim status
After the user clicks there, various options will open and one of them will be “track your claim status”
- Provide UAN number and click on ‘Get OTP’
On the next window of track claim status, the user needs to provide the details, and the person will receive the OTP on the registered mobile number which the user needs to enter on the space provided
- Click on ‘Login’
To view all the EPFO status
- View the status displayed on the screen
All the claim related information like the status, date of the claim settlement and claim type and claim status under process will appear on the screen.